Beverly Hills is an affluent city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. With a population of 34,109 at the 2010 census, up from 33,784 as of the 2000 census. Beverly Hills residents include CEOs, heirs and heiresses, foreign and domestic dignitaries, authors, artists, professionals, and TV or film celebrities as well as other entertainment personalities, executives, and media creatives. As of the 2010 census, Beverly Hills is home to fewer children under 5 years old (about half as many, on average) than live in the entire state of California, and the city is home to almost twice as many seniors over the age of 65.
Beverly Hills and the neighboring city of West Hollywood are together entirely surrounded by the city of Los Angeles. To be specific, Beverly Hills is bordered on the northwest by the Los Angeles neighborhood of Bel-Air and the Santa Monica Mountains, on the east by West Hollywood, the Carthay neighborhood of Los Angeles, and the Fairfax District of Los Angeles, and on the south by the Beverlywood. The area’s “Platinum Triangle” of affluent neighborhoods is formed by the city of Beverly Hills and the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Bel Air and Holmby Hills.
- US Bank Tower, once the West’s tallest building, goes on the block January 16, 2019
- Hot Property: Movie mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg gives up high ground in Utah January 12, 2019
- Hot Property Newsletter: Revving back up? January 12, 2019
- On Carbon Beach, a compound with 100 feet of water frontage lists for $35 million January 10, 2019
- As China’s economy gets the chills, some California firms catch a cold January 10, 2019
- California has 70% of the nation’s priciest ZIP codes when it comes to home sales January 4, 2019
- Hot Property: An oceanfront score for Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban January 4, 2019
- Manhattan home prices fall under $1 million as sellers cut deals January 3, 2019
- Cher sells home in the Beverly Hills Post Office area for about $2.07 million January 3, 2019