Beverly Hills is an affluent city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. With a population of 34,109 at the 2010 census, up from 33,784 as of the 2000 census. Beverly Hills residents include CEOs, heirs and heiresses, foreign and domestic dignitaries, authors, artists, professionals, and TV or film celebrities as well as other entertainment personalities, executives, and media creatives. As of the 2010 census, Beverly Hills is home to fewer children under 5 years old (about half as many, on average) than live in the entire state of California, and the city is home to almost twice as many seniors over the age of 65.
Beverly Hills and the neighboring city of West Hollywood are together entirely surrounded by the city of Los Angeles. To be specific, Beverly Hills is bordered on the northwest by the Los Angeles neighborhood of Bel-Air and the Santa Monica Mountains, on the east by West Hollywood, the Carthay neighborhood of Los Angeles, and the Fairfax District of Los Angeles, and on the south by the Beverlywood. The area’s “Platinum Triangle” of affluent neighborhoods is formed by the city of Beverly Hills and the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Bel Air and Holmby Hills.
- Stocks end day lower after report Fed weighed more aggressive hike in key interest rate October 17, 2018
- CBS Television City expected to be sold to Los Angeles investor October 16, 2018
- Hot Property Newsletter: Matches made in real estate October 13, 2018
- Real estate titan taps location tracking startup XYO to build blockchain land registry in Mexico October 12, 2018
- Zsa Zsa Gabor's glamorous estate among L.A.'s priciest home sales in September October 12, 2018
- Mortgage rates rise to a seven-year high October 11, 2018
- Hot Property: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi flip the home script in Beverly Hills October 6, 2018
- How the right words in listings can boost a home's sales price October 6, 2018
- Home title fraud: How it's done and how to protect yourself October 1, 2018