Beverly Hills is an affluent city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. With a population of 34,109 at the 2010 census, up from 33,784 as of the 2000 census. Beverly Hills residents include CEOs, heirs and heiresses, foreign and domestic dignitaries, authors, artists, professionals, and TV or film celebrities as well as other entertainment personalities, executives, and media creatives. As of the 2010 census, Beverly Hills is home to fewer children under 5 years old (about half as many, on average) than live in the entire state of California, and the city is home to almost twice as many seniors over the age of 65.
Beverly Hills and the neighboring city of West Hollywood are together entirely surrounded by the city of Los Angeles. To be specific, Beverly Hills is bordered on the northwest by the Los Angeles neighborhood of Bel-Air and the Santa Monica Mountains, on the east by West Hollywood, the Carthay neighborhood of Los Angeles, and the Fairfax District of Los Angeles, and on the south by the Beverlywood. The area’s “Platinum Triangle” of affluent neighborhoods is formed by the city of Beverly Hills and the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Bel Air and Holmby Hills.
- Hot Property Newsletter: The temperature is rising August 11, 2018
- What a home sales slump could mean for professionals, buyers August 7, 2018
- Homeowners have more equity than ever but don’t want to tap it August 7, 2018
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Lawndale, true to its name, is a South Bay outlier August 4, 2018
- Wells Fargo foreclosed on 400 people who may have had a chance to keep their homes August 4, 2018
- Wells Fargo to pay $2.09 billion to settle probe into crisis-era mortgage abuses August 1, 2018
- San Diego home price increases continue to outpace nation July 31, 2018
- Explore June's home and condo sales using this map July 31, 2018
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Bell Gardens has modest home prices but is rich in California history July 29, 2018