Brentwood is a district in western Los Angeles, California, United States. The district is located at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains, bounded by the San Diego Freeway on the east, Wilshire Boulevard on the south, the Santa Monica city limits on the southwest, the border of Topanga State Park on the west and Mulholland Drive along the ridgeline of the mountains on the north.
Nearby neighborhoods and cities include Pacific Palisades on the west, Santa Monica on the south, West Los Angeles and Sawtelle on the southeast, Westwood on the east, Bel Air on the northeast and Encino on the north.
Mail to the Brentwood district is addressed Los Angeles, CA 90049 to avoid confusion with the municipality of the same name in Northern California.
San Vicente Boulevard is considered the “Main Street” of Brentwood and is divided by a wide median on which stand many large and attractively sculpted coral trees. This green belt replaced a derelict Pacific Electric trolley track, its trees evolving into a City of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument. Brentwood boosters have adopted a coral tree silhouette as a de facto community logo. Intersecting Bundy Drive is lined with extremely tall Washingtonia robusta palms.
As of 2000, there were just over 22,000 housing units in Brentwood. Most Brentwood residents reside in single-family homes, though some multi-family homes can also be found. Large, modern apartment complexes and condominiums are found along some of district’s thoroughfares, many home to young professionals and students attending University of California Los Angeles, California State University Los Angeles, and University of Southern California.
- Stocks end day lower after report Fed weighed more aggressive hike in key interest rate October 17, 2018
- CBS Television City expected to be sold to Los Angeles investor October 16, 2018
- Hot Property Newsletter: Matches made in real estate October 13, 2018
- Real estate titan taps location tracking startup XYO to build blockchain land registry in Mexico October 12, 2018
- Zsa Zsa Gabor's glamorous estate among L.A.'s priciest home sales in September October 12, 2018
- Mortgage rates rise to a seven-year high October 11, 2018
- Hot Property: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi flip the home script in Beverly Hills October 6, 2018
- How the right words in listings can boost a home's sales price October 6, 2018
- Home title fraud: How it's done and how to protect yourself October 1, 2018