The district is bordered by Santa Monica on the west, Brentwood and Westwood on the northwest, the unincorporated Sawtelle Veterans Administration grounds on the north and northwest, Mid-City West on the northeast, Mid-City and Mid-Wilshire on the east and southeast, and Mar Vista and Palms on the south and southwest. Its generally accepted boundaries are Hauser Blvd., Venice Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. on the east, the Santa Monica Freeway on the south, the San Diego Freeway and the city limits of Santa Monica on the west, and Wilshire Boulevard on the north. Its boundaries are Hauser Blvd. on the east, San Vicente/Olympic/Charleville/Robertson Blvds., N. Le Doux Road, Whitworth/Beverly Glen Drives and Santa Monica Blvd. on the north, Richland Ave., Sepulveda and Sawtelle Blvds. on the west and Washington Blvd., National Blvd., Overland Ave., Palms Blvd., Jasmine Ave., Tabor St., Faris Dr., Watseka Ave., Venice Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. on the south.
Its major thoroughfares are Olympic, Santa Monica, Pico, Wilshire, and Sawtelle Boulevards, Barrington and Bundy Drive.
Because the Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica’s municipal bus network) uses UCLA as one of its terminals, it provides good public transit within the region, especially along east-west routes, as does the LACMTA to a lesser extent.
This district contains an area of Japanese-American culture along Sawtelle Boulevard which is sometimes called Sawtelle.
- San Diego home price hits new record high: $550K April 23, 2018
- Fox News host Sean Hannity says he never talked to HUD about loans that helped his real estate investments April 23, 2018
- The Manor in Holmby Hills is back on top at $200 million April 21, 2018
- Mission Valley's Civita breaks ground on low-income rentals April 18, 2018
- L.A King Dustin Brown heats up the Manhattan Beach home market April 14, 2018
- Rising interest rates sounding alarm bells for debt-laden consumers April 13, 2018
- Another high-dollar sale in March keeps things hot in Malibu April 13, 2018
- Lawsuits filed against L.A. County, lenders over green energy program April 12, 2018
- San Diego average rent up to $1,887, breaking record. Will it last? April 4, 2018