The district is bordered by Santa Monica on the west, Brentwood and Westwood on the northwest, the unincorporated Sawtelle Veterans Administration grounds on the north and northwest, Mid-City West on the northeast, Mid-City and Mid-Wilshire on the east and southeast, and Mar Vista and Palms on the south and southwest. Its generally accepted boundaries are Hauser Blvd., Venice Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. on the east, the Santa Monica Freeway on the south, the San Diego Freeway and the city limits of Santa Monica on the west, and Wilshire Boulevard on the north. Its boundaries are Hauser Blvd. on the east, San Vicente/Olympic/Charleville/Robertson Blvds., N. Le Doux Road, Whitworth/Beverly Glen Drives and Santa Monica Blvd. on the north, Richland Ave., Sepulveda and Sawtelle Blvds. on the west and Washington Blvd., National Blvd., Overland Ave., Palms Blvd., Jasmine Ave., Tabor St., Faris Dr., Watseka Ave., Venice Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. on the south.
Its major thoroughfares are Olympic, Santa Monica, Pico, Wilshire, and Sawtelle Boulevards, Barrington and Bundy Drive.
Because the Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica’s municipal bus network) uses UCLA as one of its terminals, it provides good public transit within the region, especially along east-west routes, as does the LACMTA to a lesser extent.
This district contains an area of Japanese-American culture along Sawtelle Boulevard which is sometimes called Sawtelle.
- Hot Property Newsletter: The temperature is rising August 11, 2018
- What a home sales slump could mean for professionals, buyers August 7, 2018
- Homeowners have more equity than ever but don’t want to tap it August 7, 2018
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Lawndale, true to its name, is a South Bay outlier August 4, 2018
- Wells Fargo foreclosed on 400 people who may have had a chance to keep their homes August 4, 2018
- Wells Fargo to pay $2.09 billion to settle probe into crisis-era mortgage abuses August 1, 2018
- San Diego home price increases continue to outpace nation July 31, 2018
- Explore June's home and condo sales using this map July 31, 2018
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Bell Gardens has modest home prices but is rich in California history July 29, 2018