Located in the northern central portion of Los Angeles’ Westside, Westwood is bordered by Brentwood on the west, Bel-Air on the north, Century City and Beverly Hills on the east, West Los Angeles on the southwest, Rancho Park on the southeast, and Sawtelle on the south and southwest.
The district’s boundaries are generally considered to be Olympic Blvd. (or Pico Blvd. and, by some, Santa Monica Blvd.) on the southeast, the city limits of Beverly Hills on the northeast, and Sunset Boulevard on the north; its southwestern boundary is the San Diego Freeway between Santa Monica and Wilshire boulevards, and Veteran Avenue between Wilshire and Sunset.
Many of the area’s permanent residents are of European and Iranian ancestry and generally affluent, living in high-rise apartment buildings and, in Holmby Hills, some of the most luxurious single-family houses in Los Angeles. Single-family homes tend to be east and southeast of UCLA, particularly in the areas behind the LDS temple.
Housing in the portion of the district bounded by Sepulveda, Santa Monica, Westwood, and Wilshire Boulevards is mostly low- or medium-rise apartment buildings catering to upscale young professionals, as well as some UCLA students. Most UCLA students in Westwood, however, live in the hilly area of low-rise apartments between Veteran Avenue and the campus’ western boundary.
- Hot Property Newsletter: The temperature is rising August 11, 2018
- What a home sales slump could mean for professionals, buyers August 7, 2018
- Homeowners have more equity than ever but don’t want to tap it August 7, 2018
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Lawndale, true to its name, is a South Bay outlier August 4, 2018
- Wells Fargo foreclosed on 400 people who may have had a chance to keep their homes August 4, 2018
- Wells Fargo to pay $2.09 billion to settle probe into crisis-era mortgage abuses August 1, 2018
- San Diego home price increases continue to outpace nation July 31, 2018
- Explore June's home and condo sales using this map July 31, 2018
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Bell Gardens has modest home prices but is rich in California history July 29, 2018